혼자. alone



At dinner, she asked if I would be crying when I drove back home later- alone.
I broke out in laughter and thought how peculiar – the question.
I don’t have a problem driving alone, at night, in my own car- on Valentine’s Day.

Solitude- I’ve been in love with it ever since I could remember falling in love with a person.

So to get a question like that was quite “off the cuff” and to be reminded
that what I want would never be was quite irksome to me.

To those whom have asked- I rarely share what I really look for in a person
or how I've dreamt love to be.
I’ve learnt along the way that if I share something close, so openly- the only spark
that fuels the very reason I dream would just be another cynical remark quoted back to me.

I am keeping mum.
I do not need justification from the people around – on love.
I am secure and I know that love will surely come find me- eventually.

I’ve changed my speech;
If tomorrow comes and i am still alone,
the next day would just bring love another day closer
to me.

Popular Posts